Monday, December 20, 2010

Official Sunday Weight... and... Going Green?

204

That's down 7 pounds from that 211 **LAST** Sunday.

Still need to lose 6 to get back to where I was..... but I know I'm eating right, and it will happen.

BTW....... I've tweaked my morning smoothie routine. I was reading FIRST magazine, with Dr. Oz on the cover, and he was talking about green smoothies.

One of my client's client's...... Olga Aura has a 21 day detox, which also speaks about Green Smoothies.

My husband is a juicer..... not steroids.... but fruits/vegetables. I've never liked it, and think it tastes caca.

But..... I love my blueberry smoothie (just about) every morning.

So...... after reading again about how good this stuff is, I decided that I'd make it a LITTLE green. I added 1/4 cup frozen chopped spinach to my smoothie!

So..... the recipe has been tweaked to this:

1 cup frozen blueberries
1 cup Diet V8 Splash
2 heaped TBSP ground flax
1.5 scoops protein powder
1/4 C frozen spinach

Blend.

This smoothie, currently clocks in at almost 40 protein! Tastes wonderful, and there wasn't anything weird or GREEN about it. It was still a lovely purpleish color, with just a few flecks of green.

Tomorrow, perhaps I'll try 1/2 cup spinach?

Wow........ living life on the edge!

No comments:

Post a Comment