Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Restriction... Restriction. RE - STRIC - TION! (fiddler on the roof.....)

I know...... I know. I've been a baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad blogger.

However, I have a good reason. I've been SLAMMED with work, and I haven't had time to come up for air. In this economy, and considering I live at the economic ground-zero (metro-Detroit) this is a good thing. Actually, it's been this way for me since December of last year, but it seems to be snowballing, and I might even have to turn some work away. That means..... I get to raise my prices in January. That tends to weed out the problem clients anyway :)

I'm a graphic designer, if I haven't already mentioned it.

Wanna see a logo I did for my children's school you say? Well...... alrighty then:


I created that back in 2005, when my boys started at the school. The principal was asking for a logo at the first PTA meeting I went to, and I figured it was a good way for me to help out the school. It's a kick seeing all the kids wearing t-shirts/hoodies with the logo on it. All the teacher's have mousepads and coffee mugs with this guy. I'm pretty proud of it, but mostly because I see my little men's faces above it every so often :)


Band News

I had gotten a .5cc fill on September 9th, because I felt like I had been able to eat too much volume at any given time. So that put me from 8.5cc to 9cc.

I felt NO CHANGE. No difference. NADA

I called, and whined.

I went back on September 23rd, and asked for, AND RECEIVED, a full 1 cc fill, so now I'm at 10cc.

I think I'm **finally** understanding this sweet spot stuff!

I hadn't had a fill since November, 2009. I was doing fine, and did great until about August, and it was then that I started noticing that my weight loss was dropping off a bit, and my hunger was picking up.

And I was starting to see some of my old binging behaviors wiggling their way back in. After my second, I'm gonna eat the room (and honestly, these binges are NOT the binges of pre-band days. A binge now consists eating 2 scoops of ice cream, and a slice of toast..... promptly getting PB'd) I decided it was time to get a fill. Imagine my disappointment when I didn't feel any different.

I'm blessed that my doctor lets me do the driving a bit. His nurse does the fills, but they know the clients who "know themselves" and I guess I'm one of them :)

The doctor was in the office, and he came and gave me a big hug, and asked me for some before/after shots, and a link to my blog, for his newbies to come and see. Nice, right?? He's so wonderful...... He takes patients from all over the country. I couldn't recommend him more!

I have also noticed that I can **finally** walk away from a plate of food if I'm full. I could never do that before. I can thank my mom for that. All that catholic guilt! AAAHHH!

Anyway, I walked away from a salad the other day, part of my albondigas soup yesterday, and a bowl of cottage cheese last night! Amazing!

Alright..... I need to eat my lunch.... I'm hiding from clients on YM! right now, so they couldn't see me bloggin'

hee hee

I don't have any pictures to post today..... I'll have to take some this weekend. We're selling popcorn for boyscouts, dontcha know.

I will definitely post pics of my new office once it's done (I spent the whole weekend painting it)

Hugs,
K

No comments:

Post a Comment