Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Smoothie Goodness.......



Whatdya Have For Breakfast Today?


Karen's Protein Smoothie

1 Cup of frozen berries (today I used a blend of blueberries, strawberries, raspberries and blackberries)
1 Cup of DIET V8 Splash
2 TBSP Ground Flax
1 TBSP Walnut oil (I've also used Flax oil)
1 Scoop Vanilla Protein Powder (I use this one,or this one)

Depending on your blender, put the ingredients in so that the dry ingredients are next to the blade, and the wet are furthest away. I use this blender,and love it's convenience, so I load up my cup wet to dry, and then mixie-mixie!

Nutrients (per LoseIt! for iPhone)

Fat 20
Sat Fat 1.3
Sodium 44
Carb 27
Fiber 12
Sugar 13
Protein 22

I thought I would share this, since it's great for a day when your band is extra tight, or your pouch is crabby! I had seen some smoothie recipes in a Woman's World magazine, and although I liked the premise, I didn't like a lot of the high sugar juices they suggested, so I went with my tried and true, Diet V8 Splash. I've also used Diet Cranberry or Blueberry drink from Oceanspray as well.


So..... my last post I had complained of a backslide of sorts. I had a backslide for a few days, actually. Not that I was grossly overeating, but I was eating foods I normally don't (chips, ice cream cookies, etc.)

I had gone up to 237, and although I was bummed, I knew that it wasn't all food, that I was strangely bloated for no good reason (insert good reason here: Aunt Flo arrived on Sunday.... sometimes she sends ahead a small gift of water retention, gotta love her) plus I had been taking vidocin for pain related to a sinus abcess. All nasties contributing to a 9 pound gain.

HOWEVER...... if you take a gander at my ticker, you will see that THIS week, I'm down 16 pounds!

Oh MY!!!!!

I will happily take it, understanding that I might have been a very good elliptical user this week, but that perhaps that nasty bloat was worse than I thought, and while I sat steady at 228-229 for three weeks, that perhaps I was bloating up during those last two weeks, and that with the visit of the much loved and adored Whoosh Fairy, I've KILLED my goal of 225, by clocking in at 221.6 on Sunday!

I am well on my way to getting to my next goal of 216!

My 216 story:

I remember it was the winter of 1985/1986, and I met a friend while in college (first 2 years, nursing school, last 3 years, art school) She and I had all the same nursing classes together, and we both needed to lose weight. We decided to to to Nutrisystem, and we had to weigh in. I weighed in at 216, and I was mortified that I was over 200 pounds. I put on the Freshman THIRTY.

I've waded through a few months of memory-less goals, because my goals had jumped from 262 (the lowest I'd been right after giving birth to the trio) 245 (something I vaguely remembered from college) and 216.... which you see above.

So........ FIVE POUNDS is what I need to reach my goal of 216, and I'd like to see it by October 1st!

A bigger goal is hitting 199 by January 1st. That's 22 pounds in 16 weeks which is about 1.4 pounds/week.

Recent News:

I'm going for a fill on Thursday. Although I do have tight days, I have plenty of days that I can stuff at least 2-3 cups of food in without issue. That's a lot of food. So, my mom is coming with me, so we can hit The Somerset Collection afterwards. :) It's an upscale mall that we almost never go to. So, it's a treat for us :)

More Recent News:

I'm attaching a picture of me wearing a dress that I bought in 1990. I wore this dress exactly 1 time, to a Christmas party at a place I was doing freelance graphic design for. I wore this dress only once, because it never fit again. EVER. This dress is from August Max (do they still exist??) Size 16

Until yesterday........ exactly 20 YEARS later (yes...... the style is desperately 20 years old as well! Giant shoulder pads!!!!) :































































Past Memories....

And..... as a reminder of where I've come from, since it's only been recently that I can even see the difference in pictures:



No comments:

Post a Comment