Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Too Tight!!!!

So, not sure I mentioned it....... but I got a fill about 1-1/2 months ago. I wanted .5cc. However, the nurse that was doing fills that day, I hadn't met before. She interviewed me, and asked how much I was able to eat, what I was eating, etc.

Instead of .5cc, she gave me 1cc (they call that a 'full' adjustment at my doc's office)

It was fine at first, but I know my band.... and over the course of time, it got tighter....... and tighter...... and tighter.

I'm a self-pay person, and need to shell out $150 each time I get an adjustment. This past Sunday, this band clamped down on a crouton in my salad, and I've been on liquids ever since.

TODAY I am getting a complete unfill, for Friday's surgery.

TODAY..... I'm not sure if I'm more excited about having lower-body lift surgery, or getting this band deflated! That's how tight it got.

Know what I'm most excited to eat? A tender chicken breast.

My..... how time changes things. There's nothing else that's calling my name more, than a tender piece of chicken, with a little drizzle of olive oil and a dusting of white pepper.

Only 3 years ago, I would have stopped at the drive-thru and gotten a "Number 2" super-sized, with an extra cheeseburger for good measure, and perhaps a caramel sundae to round out the meal. Oh..... and make that a DIET coke, I wouldn't want to seem gluttonous!

BTW......... hit an all time LOW today: 166.5

Woot Woot!

No comments:

Post a Comment