Monday, October 4, 2010

To constipate... human, to poop..... divine!

I've been constipated. REALLY constipated. Since day ONE of having the band.
At first, I thought perhaps it was because I was on liquids for 3 weeks. (THREE weeks you say? Why one more week than the usual 2 week pre-op liquid diet? Because my BMI was 60.6, and my doctor makes everyone with a BMI over 50 do three weeks, so that the liver shrinks more)

Then I thought that it was the liquid gold vicodin that I was taking to manage pain.

Then I thought that maybe because I was eating so much less, that I didn't have to poop every day/ every other day/ every 3rd day/ once a week.

I started feeling bloated and gassy. When I would go, it was little tiny hard pebbly poo, that took a lot of coaxing and prodding.

Then I tried vegetable laxative. My colon laughed at it! Milk of mag.. nary a toot!

I did one of those "colon cleanse" products. It worked for a few days, and then nothing.

FINALLY..... I think I've found something that works for me.

Cascara Sagrada! It's some sort of herb that helps with digestion.

I'm not making any promises, but I took 3 in the morning and 3 in the afternoon on Saturday, and Sunday morning, no pain, no strain.... and plenty of results. No bloating, no cramping, nothing.

I took 2 Sunday morning and 2 sunday evening, and Monday morning, I went again. Like a NORMAL person.

If all I need to do is take 2 / 2 times a day, I'm SO IN. Otherwise, it's bloat/pain city.

Next topic blog post.......... my ACHING BOOBS. Documentation starts NOW!

No comments:

Post a Comment